Delivered by Classics for All
Classics for All is a national charity that supports the teaching of classics in state schools across the UK. At Classics for All, we believe that classics should be available to all pupils, regardless of their background or ability. Our mission is to introduce classics in 1,700 state schools by 2025 – and we need your help to do this.
To celebrate the 1,900th anniversary of Hadrian’s Wall, Classics for All is launching its first ever sponsored challenge: the Hadrian’s Wall Virtual Walk!
Classics for All is asking supporters to walk the equivalent distance of Hadrian’s Wall (84 miles) over the month of September to raise money for its work supporting classics in state schools.
Starting at Segedunum Roman Fort at Wallsend and ending at Bowness-on-Solway, this 84 mile walk will take participants on a virtual journey along Hadrian’s Wall Path – one of the UK’s 14 national trails – past Roman towns, temples and forts. Along the way, participants will learn about the history and archaeology of Roman Britain at regular milestones.
This virtual challenge is open to anyone from any walk of life. It can be done individually or as part of a team, and any type of activity counts. You can even swim or cycle the distance!
Everything raised through sponsorship from friends and family will go toward Classics for All’s work supporting classics in state schools. With these essential funds, Classics for All will be able to ensure even more young people have equal opportunities to study classics.
The challenge takes place between 1st – 30th September 2022, but you can sign up and start fundraising now.
Sign up to walk the wall here: https://classicsforall.enthuse.com/cf/hadrianswall
Participants will have the chance to:
• Journey the length of Hadrian’s Wall without the travel expenses
• Learn about the history of Roman Britain
• Boost their fitness (the 84 miles of Hadrian’s Wall can be covered through as little as 2.8 miles, or 5,600 steps, per day!)
• Be acknowledged in Classics for All’s 2022 Donor Recognition List as a
‘Hadrian’s Wall Champion’
HOW IT WORKS
• Register for the challenge on Enthuse (see our full How-To Guide for help)
• Follow the steps to set up your fundraising page
2) Get fundraising!
• Share your fundraising page with friends, family, and your community
• Encourage supporters to sponsor you by donating to your fundraiser
• Help Classics for All reach its overall £10k target
3) Get walking!
• From 1st September, start tracking you daily activity using your phone, FitBit or a fitness app of your choice, e.g. Strava, Apple Health, Google Fit
• Add your mileage manually to your fundraising page
• View your progress on your virtual Hadrian’s Wall map
• Share photos and stories from your journey by tagging @classicsforall on Twitter and using #walkthewall
Whether you’re taking part in the challenge yourself, or sponsoring a friend: thank you! Classics for All couldn’t exist without the generosity of its supporters.
With warm thanks to Rory Sutherland for generously supporting this campaign.
If you need any support with your fundraiser, or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com. We will respond to your enquiry as soon as we can.Visit site