Delivered by Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums
A day of Roman-inspired activities in collaboration with the Hadrian’s Wall Youth Ambassador team.
This family fun day, which is part of the Hadrian’s Wall 1900 festival, will look at many aspects of life on Hadrian’s Wall.
- Meet Marley the Roman pony and see chariot demonstrations every hour (Front Lawn)
- Meet the Hadrian’s Wall Youth Ambassadors and try a Latin decoding activity (Living Planet gallery)
- Meet Roman reenactors from the Time Bandits and see a fabrics demonstration from the Tynedale Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers (Hadrian’s Wall gallery)
- Make a Roman mosaic (Street Cafe)
- Sample Roman food and drink (Clore Learning Suite)
- Make a votive offering (Natural Northumbria gallery)
To further enhance the reality of this day we are encouraging visitors to come along dressed in their finest Roman costumes. Let your fancy dress creativity loose!Visit site