As part of the year-long HW1900 festival English Heritage are commissioning a new site-specific artwork. We are working with celebrated British artist, Morag Myerscough, to design a striking and celebratory commission linking Hadrian’s Wall and its history to local communities. Its base structure will allow for the application of brightly coloured placards of various shapes and sizes which are inspired by Hadrian’s Wall artefacts, histories and the local contemporary community. Therefore, the production and development of this project has the community at its heart. The brightly coloured placards will be created and inspired by artist-run workshops with identified local community groups.
In order to bring these workshops together, English Heritage are looking for a Freelance Community/Outreach Facilitator. Approx. 1-2 days a week from April to Aug 2022 and we hope the right candidate can start as soon as possible. The working pattern would ideally be flexible through the week and very occasional evenings/weekend days as required.
We need someone who will coordinate and facilitate the community group workshops, liaising with the artist and a local poet, as well as the community groups themselves and across several English Heritage Departments for support and input as required.
For expressions of interest and further information please send your CV and/or relevant experience plus a breakdown of your fees to Kate Anceau, Free Sites Partnership Manger at email@example.com by 5pm on 13 April 2022.
Outline of Community/Outreach Facilitator’s role:
- Facilitate, plan and confirm all community group bookings
- Work closely with artist and local poet
- Co-ordinate content of workshops with artist and local poet
- Organise materials for workshops, as required.
- Co-ordinate English Heritage historian availability and their input into workshops
- Book locations for workshops
- Continued and regular liaison with groups
- Confirm additional needs for groups, if any, and book as required
- H&S/ risk assessments for all workshops with English Heritage team
- Send out info to all pre-workshops
- Set up rooms, as required
- Organise provision of refreshments for workshops
- Work with PR/digital re: filming a workshop for interpretative film
- Feed into the overall evaluation for The National Lottery Heritage Fund
- Consider legacy of project, and identify opportunities going forward